Okay, this isn’t really for just a cowgirl. I say–it’s kind of a man dish. But it’s hearty for a weekend breakfast and needs to be shared to be good. The trick is to make it the night before, then the next morning it’s ready to place in the oven.
1-1/2 pound bulk sausage, browned and drained
½ pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
6 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick
1-1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
½ teaspoon salt
1. Oil a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish or spray it with cooking spray.
2. Combine sausage, bacon, hash browns, bell pepper, green onions and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl. Spread in baking pan.
3. Whisk together Bisquick, milk, salt and eggs until well blended. Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 375F. Remove dish from refrigerator.
5. Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, until light golden brown around the edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.