Yield: About 20 eggs
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 pounds powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
Yellow gel food coloring
2 pounds chocolate melts
1. In large bowl, combine butter, salt and vanilla. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add condensed milk and beat, scraping bowl as needed, until thoroughly mixed.
2. Reduce mixer speed to low; add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Continue mixing until it forms a stiff dough. Transfer mixture to counter dusted with powdered sugar. Knead until smooth, about 2-4 minutes.
3. If making yellow yolks, cut away a quarter of the mixture, then add a few drops of yellow gel food coloring to it and knead it in. Use teaspoon to divide mixture into about 20 small balls, rolling them between your hands until smooth. Set balls on cookie sheet and chill until firm.
4. Divide white dough into about 20 larger pieces (you will need an equal number of white and yellow pieces), rolling each into roughly an egg shape. If making yolks, press thumb into center of each and place a yellow ball in it. Gently work white filling around yellow ball, covering it completely. Gently shape each piece into an oval. Set aside on cookie sheet and chill again.
5. Place chocolate melts in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 20-second bursts, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. One at a time, use a fork to dunk each egg into chocolate to coat it completely, then set on parchment or waxed paper to set.
6. Eggs should be stored in the refrigerator until served.