4 whole portabella mushrooms
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
2 links mild Italian pork (or chicken) sausage, 8 oz
1 (8.8-oz) pouch pre-cooked brown rice
1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
1 1/2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
– Preheat oven to 400°F.
– Remove stems and gills from mushrooms (be careful not to break mushroom caps).
– Chop parsley.
– Remove casing from sausage (wash hands).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place sausage in pan; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage, or until no pink remains. Remove pan from heat.
2. Stir in rice, parsley, both cheeses and cream cheese. Fill mushrooms with sausage mixture; place on baking sheet, stuffing side up. Bake 10-12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
3. Place pasta sauce in small saucepan on medium-high; bring to a simmer. Serve sauce with mushrooms.